and don't hold back; declare to My people their sin.
Cry loudly and don't hold back; raise up your voice like a trumpet, and declare to My people their transgression, and to the house of Jacob their sins.
The sudden picture of the last of the Old Testament prophets John the Baptist comes into view. Here is a man living off the land in camels skin who has no problem with crying loud for he is the "voice" in the wilderness. Selah
To whom does he cry? Israel, which is the chosen of God the Father in the day, Y'shua came. One might say there was a rival out there the other side of Jordan. For what was being revived, was the dead heart of the Jew.
2) Yet they seek me day by day, and delight to know My ways, as a nation that has done righteousness, and has not forsaken the ordinance of their God. They ask Me for just decisions, they delight in the nearness of God.
You would think that wouldn't you? But the Lord is sarcastic in His tone here because for all the muck of the heart they actually have the gal to say they love Him and they seek Him to do His will which knowing His way is essential for, and they love to have Him around. So how is it they have to ask the following questions?
3) Why have we fasted and You do not see?
Why have we humbled ourselves and You do not notice?
Why would any true fast go unnoticed by God? Because they did it openly and showed it off. Let me ask you how you well your temperament is when your stomach is growling for food and you know you aren't going to be getting any even though you have the means to feed yourself? If there isn't cranky in you then you aren't really missing much. Yet in their crankiness they mistreat those around them. Additionally Jesus tells us a "better way" when you give or pray or fast go into your closet, keep your condition to yourself and don't let your one hand in on what the other is doing. But Jesus indictment of them was that they did everything for show.
Behold on the day of your fast you find your desire, and drive hard all your workers.
4)Behold you fast for contention (debate) and strife and to strike with a wicked fist (fist of wickedness). You do not fast like you do today(surely you fast not) to make your voice heard on high.
5) Is it a fast like this which I choose, a day for a man to humble himself? Is it for bowing the head like a reed, and for spreading out sackcloth and ashes like a bed? Will you call this a fast even an exceptable day to the Lord?
Suddenly the whole concept is changed from an religious thing to something that will actually be of benefit to someone else.
6) Is this not the fast, which I choose, to loosen the bonds (chains) of wickedness to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke? Wickedness here is defined by Strongs (# 7562 from 7561) as resha from rasha to be to do or to cause wrong by implication then to disturb to violate to condemn to make trouble to vex or to be thus.
Resha is to simply be wrong or do wrong or iniquity. So instead of striking out in such a way on these High Holy days as to vex and perverse and make trouble for the folks around them they are told to undo such things! To break every yoke. Yokes couple two somethings together and the yoke will not allow either something to pull away from the other even if in the case of oxen one ox gets into a water trap and is drowning the other will be pulled down too unless SOMEONE BREAKS THE YOKE!
7) Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into the house; when you see the naked to cover him; and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
Divide the bread you would have eaten to another? What feed the homeless? Or those who are working poor go and get them groceries from your own supply when you will be fasting as you will not be eating it anyhow??!! How horrid! Yet that is EXACTLY what is being implied here that what you won't be using you give to someone else who can and desperately needs it. It's called being a blessing instead of a curse.
8)Then your light will break forth (out) like the dawn, and your recovery will speedily spring forth; and your righteousness will go before you; the Glory of the Lord will be your rear guard
9) then you will call and the Lord will answer; you will cry and He will say , "here i am."
If you will remove the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness,
10) and if you give yourself to the hungry, and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday.
11) And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of waters whose waters do not fail.
12) and those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; you will raise up the age old foundations; and you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorers of streets to dwell in. Now look at this, the Lord will come to you when you endeavor to put the other guy first and to put truth first and to make justice and mercy things you do rather than two things that simply accompany you. In fact one application of the 23rd psalm is right here as justice and mercy travel with you BECAUSE YOU DO JUSTICE AND MERCY and furthermore the commandments of the Lord specifically speak of doing justice and loving mercy and walking humbly before Your God! (Micah 6:8)
13) If because of the Shabbat you turn your foot from doing your own pleasure on My Holy day, and call the Shabbat a delight, the holy day of the Lord honorable, and shall honor it, desisting from your own ways, from seeking your own pleasure, and speaking your won word,
14) then you will take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth (land); and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken. Finally there is the ;little issue of the Shabbat. This is the Holy day of rest unto God where an assemblage unto worship and the reading of Torah is done. The Hebrew mindset supposedly given by God is to combine prayer and scripture and the reading of scripture and prayer and worship together, and they do so in their litany but as the redeemed of the Lord do we require such litany or do we have a batter way? Discernment of what is the Spirit saying is the only way that the nations those who worship on the Lord's day and those who worship as a law unto themselves as Shabbat keepers who are NOT HEBREW. Add to this the Sons Israel those who are ethnically Jewish. This is the ONE FOLD that the Lord would be shepherd over. But if you notice that the requirement is rather simple by deferring to the other man first we humble ourselves by putting our needs last and exalt the other by putting them first. And He is exalted and see how He responds to go out of His way for us. But do we? This chapter and the next and the next two after chain together but for the sake of the day I sever the chain in the middle and will return doubtless to the other half another day.
Behold the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; neither is His ear so dull that it cannot hear.
2) But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sin have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.
No See God has never had a problem in His doings but rather He will not put up with perversion of truth which is a basic component of iniquity. This is us first, or the flesh, or the idolatry of something that replaces the Spirit's free reign in the place where we gather and call on His name. Or the pet doctrines of man that may even be based on false information that is peddled as gospel and have nothing to do with anything but to divide the body into pieces that NEVER ASSEMBLE TO DO HIS WILL!
3)For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken falsehood, your tongue mutters wickedness (perverseness),
4) No one sues(calls) righteously(in uprightness) and no one pleads honestly ( in truth). They trust in confusion(vanity) and speak lies; they conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity.
Hands covered with blood; the blood of the unborn child. Spiritually of the unborn visions, the zeal and joy of the new convert who struggles to understand the words spoken by the voice he hears, the Rhema spoken by the prophet in the midst, the newly God given, God appointed and commissioned authority of the one sent to do His will among the many, shall I go on? The lips part and the words that injure in ways that will not heal come forth words that cause schism instead of promoting unity and alliance of the body and that accusative tongue and that pointing finger spoken of in chapter 58 that binds into bondage the brother to sister caught in sin. In fact, falsehood speaking is forbidden in the Ten Commandments where it says you not bear false witness against your brother. Then finally the idea of perversion or the twisting of the truth, which is found in edges of the sword of Logos and Rhema together. How does this happen? No discernment. And because of a lack of knowledge or discernment the people perish they sin so as to blot out their names from the Lambs' book eternally by finally so grieving the Spirit that He is blasphemed and ceases to strive in the heart. This is done to cause confusion and to promote self, which truly is vain.
5) They hatch adders(cockatrice) eggs and weave the spider's web; He who eats their eggs dies, and from that which is crushed a snake(viper) comes forth.
Eggs and webs, one is the shell in which a new life is being formed and the other is the place for the condemned to "hang around" till they are drained of the blood and die.
The cockatrice (Strongs#6848) tsiphony from an unused root, which means to extrude; a viper (as thrusting out the tongue i.e. hissing) adder. Its the proverbial snake in the grass. The snake is that deceiver who leads astray and the beginnings of such come from strongholds in thought on scripture that is not as the AUTHOR has spoken it. And webs they are snares to the one who doesn't know to avoid them and then once caught the spider comes wraps the victim in silks and then sucks out the blood, as life is there the vitality of the victim dies.
How does this relate spiritually? Simple one begets the other. The eggs hatches and the hatching is done externally as in helping to hatch like a farmer in the hatchery with chickens. So the egg is hatched and error in knowledge of the scripture and the Power of God comes out and this sets up the web to catch the unwary. The result is the poor undiscerning child or sheep or servant gets his vitality sucked out and God loses a soul ( or does HE?) but the end of the hatcher of the lie and setter of the snare is worse for they intentionally know what they are doing for their own sordid gain and they are the harsher judged by the Lord God Almighty on the Day of His vengeance.
6) their webs will not become clothing, nor will they cover themselves with their works; their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands.
Their webs will not become their clothing. An odd statement until you realize that the web and the work of the hand and the iniquity or perversion of truth are the works they are doing IN HIS NAME. The garment they are then hoping for is the only garment that will admit you into to wedding feast. Consider if you will Jesus parables of the kingdom that spoke of the feast the King called and the response to those chosen and invited who beg off and then the need to fill the hall with "who ever will come" finally the as the five wise virgins and the bride are in the feast with five knocking from without the king approaches the person without the garment and says "friend how is you got in here without a garment?" the speechless thief is thrown out to be with the foolish virgins. It is a darkness where there is weeping and grinding of teeth. (All of these I do believe you will find in Matthews Gospel, start there)
7) Their feet run to evil, and they hasten to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; devastation and destruction are in their highways.
8)They do not know the way of peace, and there is no justice (judgment) in their tracks goings); they have made their paths crooked; whoever treds on them does not know peace.
9)Therefore justice(judgment) is far from us, and righteousness(justice) does not overtake us; we hope for light, but behold darkness(obscurity); for brightness, but we walk in gloom.
10) we grope along the wall like blind men, we grope like those who have no eyes; we stumble at midday as at twilight, among those who are vigorous we are like dead men. [Sodom and Gomorrah]
11) all of us growls like bears, and moan sadly like doves; we hope fro justice but their is none, for salvation but it is far from us.
This is the sad estate of the trapped hatcher of the eggs and spinner of the webs along with the bitten and drained. You see the feet that run to shed and to hasten create the paths the others will follow, because they are the shepherds or perhaps I should say hireling that pasture the flocks. Thus the paths is not toward the "mark" of the high calling of God in Messiah and thence the path does not lead to the Father for it is not in the way of the Son, and no peace in Jesus comes to those who follows along and as to the blindness there is both the concept of darkness and the sun set or opacity and the cataracting of the eye either of which will render the day dark, and then the picture of the ones made blind like the Sodom and Gomorites whom the angels rendered blind for the righteous sake!
12) For our transgressions are multiplied before You, and our sins testify against us, and we know our iniquities:
13) transgressing and denying the Lord, and turning away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving in and uttering from the heart lying words.
14) And justice is turned back, and righteousness stands afar away; for truth has stumbled in the street, and uprightness(equity) cannot enter.
15) Yes truth is lacking; and he who turns aside from evil makes himself a prey.
Breaking commandments by not keeping them.
Having the form of Godliness and denying the power thereof.
Not paying close attention to the Logos and taking the time needed to develop the "ear" for the hearing of the Rhema and then if so developed not listening or worse hearing not liking it and deliberately twisting the Rhema and Logos to deceive.
Self promotion at the expense of others.
Murmuring from the heart and complaining and pointing the finger and bearing false witness (which is a transgression as well) and causing division among the brethren.
Perverting true judgment watering down the truth to make it politically correct so as to not have to confront sin at all, consequently the Word f the Lord is shoved aside and His Truth "stumbles" in the "street". The street is the street of the city which in Matthew in the kingdom parables Jesus spells out as the city that is set on the hill that is seen by all like a lighthouse. Whose light is shed for those in the house (Hebrew) and those coming in the house (Nations) (the house being the house of the faith).
On account of all this the upright the mature the complete ones the sons of God cannot enter there for they fear their lives perhaps but most importantly they defiles themselves to enter UNLESS SENT.
So then when the Spirit of God calls those unsnared or still able to leave who truly do still have a heart like David to come out from among them and become separate they become the target of all kinds of injustice.
Now the Lord saw, and it was displeasing in His Sight that there was no justice.
Justice / judgment (Strongs #4941) mishpat, the law the verdict of human or divine law, adversity, ceremony, crime, custom, desert, determination, discretion, disposing, due.
Webster's Twentieth Century Dictionary
Latin Descretio(-onis) , a seperation, distinction, from discretus , pp. of discernere, to discern.
So then it is true that justice and judgment and all that is lacking in the "church" is also discernment. Where is the discernment of the people who lead? Do they know the truth are they free or are they the blind leading the blind into the pit?
The whole cry of the above is that the discernment need to understand the law and its applications in the House of the Lord among the Body of the Anointed One of Israel; is not only lacking but nowhere to be found.
So the Lord has seen it and he will do something about it.
16) And He saw that there was no man, and was astonished that there was no one to intercede; Then His own arm brought salvation to Him; and His RIGHTEOUSNESS upheld Him.
In the vat as He treds the wine of wrath He is alone.
17) And he pout on righteousness like a breast plate, and a helmet of salvation on His head, and put on garments of vengeance for clothing, and wrapped Himself with zeal as a mantle (possibly Tallit).
18) According to their deeds so will He repay, wrath to his adversaries, recompense to his enemies; to the coastland he will make recompense.
19) so they will fear the name of the Lord from the we stand His glory from the rising of the sun(the east), for He will come like a rushing stream (Living Water), which the wind of the Lord drives (the Sprit of God).
The First thing that stands out is the match to Ephesians 6:13-17.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything to stand firm.
14) stand firm therefore , having your lions girt with truth, and having put on the breast plate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
15) in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench (extinguish) all the flaming missiles of the evil one.
17) and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD (Logos and Rhema combined) of God.
However there is one difference. In our case we stand in His He kicks butt!
Our armor is the exact match to is with the exception of the mantle of vengeance for vengeance is not ours but His and we do not but He does repay. Or so He says...
He dishes out according to deeds done and they are listed.
Wrath to adversaries.
Why do those nations devise and evil plot? He sits and laughs them to scorn! ( Psalms 2:1 , 2:4)
He recompenses His enemies and the coastlands.
Recompense (stromng#1576) gemul by implication service or requital:- deserving that which given [or repaid] recompense reward. He is coming quickly and His reward is in His hand (Isaiah 40:10 and Rev. 22:12)
Coastlands islands (Strongs #339) an island
But the idea of the island or coastland being outside of His land comes into play here.
Recompense or repayment for deeds done is mentioned in other place. Romans 2:7-11
To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
8) but to those who are selfishly and don't obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
9) There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also the Greek (Goyim),
10) but glory and honor and peace to every man who does good, to the Jew first and to the Greek (Goyim).
11)for there is no partiality with God.
God does however have His favorites, and those are His own who love Him and keep His commandments. But recompense or payback is cause and effect you cause it to happen for yourselves and I simply determine the means and then execute it. That then is neuter simply by what the deed done.
We in this country have this book all to ourselves and we can get things like Dr Strongs Concordance with the little numbers that break down English back into its original Greek and Hebrew. We can even get really studious and go to a library with certain reference material for theology students and take the Strongs numbers and with the new versions of these use them to thread our way through to fins the absolute translation from the period of the original phraseology or word. But who has time for such nonsense right? Those who believe they will "get by" on the sermon and the Sunday school lesson run the risk of severe deception and they will be saying but Lord look what was done in Your name. Which is the same as saying But Lord because it was done in Your Name I assumed You TOLD ME TO DO IT!
If we have known His ways and have sat at His feet and the Ruach Ha Kodesh Or Most Holy Spirit has taught us from scripture then we know our God and can both do great exploits and serve well and good.
Once again there are those who will read this and come away weeping, to you I extend the invitation of the Beloved to come to steep place the secret place in Him and his word and let Him enjoy your voice for it is beautiful in the crushed condition of the contrite heart and enjoy your form or presence with no holds barred and no secrets kept back in open exposed even appearance before Him that His light may shine on all of you and His eye might look upon you fully and that He might be blessed.
ON the other hand there are those who are reading this last paragraph who deride my teaching. Who curse me as they leave. Who slander my name to another. Well have fun in what you do but do remember when payback does come and its is not at all what you expected. You were warned.
Do I care what you say or do? Nope. If this were just me I wouldn't say a word but what if what if He has truly spoken here and You say it isn't so?
Is God a liar?